Friday 15 February 2013

Orange Cake - so easy and delicious...

My Mother has been making this Orange cake for years and it is sooo easy and sooo delicious. I wish I could tell you where the original recipe is from so if anyone can tell me I would love to know...






Orange Cake

1 whole orange, cut into 8 pieces
1 cup (225g) sugar
185g butter
3 eggs
1 ½ cup (225g) self raising flour

Blend whole orange and sugar for a short while. Add butter, eggs and self-raising flour and blend until smooth. Pour into bunt cake tin (i.e tin with a hole in the middle) or bar or round tin.

Bake in 180*C oven for 35-45 minutes.

You can ice it anyway you like. Mum iced her with plain icing flavoured with Orange Juice and Orange zest sprinkled over the top - Yummy!!

Jx

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum! At the first sighting of an aussie orange I am going to make this cake! Thanks Jess. L, E.

    ReplyDelete